Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The salsa is also good on meatless burgers and tofu dogs.
- Make salsa: In medium bowl, mix onion, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Add remaining salsa ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until using.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper, corn, squash and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until squash is almost tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in “sausage,” cumin and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble quesadillas, lightly coat large skillet with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in pan and heat about 30 seconds each side. Spread about one-third warm vegetable mixture over half the tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheese. Fold tortilla in half to enclose filling. Cook quesadilla until cheese is melted, about 1 minute each side. Slide quesadilla onto cutting board and cut into wedges. Repeat process to make remaining quesadillas. Serve with salsa on the side.
Tip: If salsa is too watery, simply spoon off some liquid before serving.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 34 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 454 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g