This recipe originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine.For more healthy recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch kale, leaves chopped into small pieces, tough stems discarded
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
- Ground white pepper, to taste
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil on medium. Add shallots, and sauté for 1–2 minutes, until just softened. Add kale, and stir until coated in oil. Add broth, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes—until kale is tender but still bright green.
2. Add berries and stir to coat. Divide mixture evenly among plates, sprinkle with cashews, and season with pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 55 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g