If you can’t find pierogi in the freezer or refrigerator section of your supermarket, substitute cheese-filled ravioli. Serve with prepared sauerkraut, if desired.
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 refrigerated or frozen cheese pierogi
- 3 Tbs. shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices soy bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbs. fat-free sour cream, optional
- Preheat broiler. Coat 6- x 2-inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion in butter 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 4 minutes, or until mushrooms have wilted, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium, add pierogi, and sauté 3 minutes, or until pierogi are browned on both sides. Transfer pierogi to prepared pan. Spoon onion and mushrooms on top, and sprinkle with cheese and crumbled soy bacon. Broil 6 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown. Serve with dollops of sour cream, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 2
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 851 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g