Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Pears add a sweet, juicy crunch to sandwiches—try them in place of tomatoes or other veggies.
1. To make Walnut Pâté: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet, and toast in oven 7 to 10 minutes, or until browned, shaking pan occasionally.
2. Transfer walnuts to bowl of food processor; add beans, lemon juice, garlic, oil, and 1/4 cup water. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Sandwiches: Spread each of 8 bread slices with 3 Tbs. Walnut Pâté. Top each with red bell pepper half, 2 pear slices, and 1/4 cup arugula. Spread remaining 8 bread slices wih 1 Tbs. Walnut Pâté. Place on top of sandwiches.
- Serving Size Makes 8 sandwiches
- Calories 318
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 453 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g