Try this tasty quinoa and mushroom skillet recipe.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 10 to 12 oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, and cook, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Pour in stock.
- Stir in mushrooms, cover and cook 15 minutes, or until stock is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper; serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 135 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g