Fresh and colorful, this salad bursts with flavor.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Rinse quinoa under cool running water, lightly rubbing it between your fingers for a few seconds. Add it to the boiling water and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa well and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
2. Put the garlic, shallot, jalapeño, and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and whisk to combine. Taste; add more salt or lime, if necessary.
3. Put quinoa, red pepper, cucumber, and chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Drizzle about half the vinaigrette into the bowl and gently fold to combine. Taste; add more salt, vinaigrette, or lime juice, if needed.
4. Arrange the sliced avocado on a platter or individual serving plates. Season the avocado with salt and drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top. Spoon the quinoa salad on and around the avocado. Garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
This recipe was printed with permission from Tasha DeSerio’s book, Salad for Dinner: Simple Recipes for Salads That Make a Meal.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g