Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This hearty salad is best during summer months, when fresh basil and corn are at their peak. If you’re serving the salad to guests, you can make it several hours ahead and let it sit at room temperature until serving time.
1. In medium saucepan, combine quinoa, salt and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 minutes.
2. Add corn, cover and cook until quinoa is tender but still a little crunchy, about 3 minutes.
3. Drain quinoa mixture and transfer to large serving bowl. Toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Add basil, peppers and onion. Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 374 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g