A good radish sandwich can be nothing more than sweet butter spread on bread topped with sliced radishes and sea salt. But you will find that a radish butter made earlier in the day is a simple way to get radishes to stay on sandwich bread—and a quick way to prepare lunch.
30 minutes or less
- 6 to 8 radishes, varicolored, with leaves intact
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt to taste
- Wash and trim radishes. Set a dozen or so tender, fresh leaves aside. Remove stems. Thinly slice radishes into rounds. Slice these crosswise into narrow strips. Each strip should be tipped with color. Chop or sliver leaves.
- Beat butter with lemon zest until well combined. Stir in sliced radishes, radish leaves and sea salt.
- Spread butter on slices of crusty baguette and serve.
- Serving Size: 50 Servings
- Calories: 50
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg