Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The secret ingredient here is strong coffee, which gives these cookies their rich flavor.
1. To make Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Grind flaxseeds in blender 30 seconds, or until reduced to fine powder. Add 1/4 cup cooled coffee, and blend 2 minutes. Add prunes and remaining 1/2 cup coffee; blend 1 minute, or until combined. Add margarine and almond extract; blend 20 seconds to combine. Blend in sugar, then add to flour mixture. Fold in raisins and almonds.
2. Drop 1-Tbs. dollops of dough 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 14 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
3. To make Glaze: Whisk together all ingredients and 1 Tbs. water in bowl until smooth. Drizzle 1/2 tsp. Glaze over each cooled cookie.
- Serving Size Makes 54 cookies
- Calories 83
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 46 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g