Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Heres an icy treat thats packed with flavor and low in fat. To get the right texture, scrape the mixture every 20 minutes. Makes 4 3/4 cups.
- In medium saucepan, bring 3 cups water, sugar, lemon peel and preserves to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Pour through strainer into 8- or 9-inch square metal pan. Discard peel.
- Press raspberries through strainer with back of spoon to obtain a seedless purée. Scrape purée from outside of strainer into pan. Stir purée into lemon-raspberry preserve mixture until blended.
- Place in freezer. When mixture starts to freeze (about 45 minutes), scrape frozen sides into center of pan with a fork. Repeat every 20 minutes for about 2 hours (don’t worry if you forget to do it once or twice). Then cover pan with foil, and freeze for at least 8 hours, or until firm.
- Place pan in refrigerator about20 minutes before serving to thaw ice slightly. To serve, mound into individual dishes, and garnish with raspberries.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 49 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g