Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12 standard muffin-pan cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, mix flours, xanthan gum, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Make well in center of mixture.
- In small bowl, mix egg, oil, applesauce, milk and lemon peel. Pour into center of well in flour mixture. Stir just until ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in the raspberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Make topping: In small bowl, mix all ingredients. Sprinkle topping over each muffin. Bake until muffins are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Set on wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Turn out onto racks and cool completely.
Excerpted from More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet, by Bette Hagman (Henry Holt, 1993).
- Serving Size Makes 12
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 63 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g