Raspberries are among the fruits that pack the highest fiber content. When paired with an oat topping, each serving of this fruity dessert supplies 6 grams of gut-friendly fiber. Plus, antioxidant-rich turmeric adds a hint of tangy flavor and may boost brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein that supports neuronal growth.
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp chilled butter (grass-fed preferred), diced
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°. In a bowl, mix berries, apple, turmeric, and black pepper until combined. Transfer to an 8- by 8-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mash oats, butter, sugar, hemp seeds, and cinnamon with a fork (or your hand) until soft, pea-sized crumbs form.
- Scatter oat mixture over berries and bake until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly, 25–30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 267
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g