Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Raspberries are among the fruits that pack the highest fiber content. When paired with an oat topping, each serving of this fruity dessert supplies 6 grams of gut-friendly fiber. Plus, antioxidant-rich turmeric adds a hint of tangy flavor and may boost brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a protein that supports neuronal growth.
- Heat oven to 400°. In a bowl, mix berries, apple, turmeric, and black pepper until combined. Transfer to an 8- by 8-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mash oats, butter, sugar, hemp seeds, and cinnamon with a fork (or your hand) until soft, pea-sized crumbs form.
- Scatter oat mixture over berries and bake until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly, 25–30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size 4
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g