Adding a fresh vanilla bean turns this freezer jam into a special treat that makes a great gift come holiday time. The jam will keep in the freezer for a year and in the fridge up to three weeks. Try the recipe with other berries as well.
- 1-Tbs. servingServings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1.75-oz. pkg. less- or no-sugar-needed pectin
- 3 pt. raspberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
1. Bring sugar, pectin, and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan, reduce heat to medium, and boil 1 minute, or until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add raspberries, and boil 3 minutes, stirring often. Crush berries with back of wooden spoon. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into berry mixture.
3. Pour jam into jars or freezer containers, and cool. Cover with lids, and let stand at room temperature overnight, or until jam sets. Refrigerate or freeze.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 cups
- Calories: 33
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g