Homemade ravioli are always a special treat. And, if you use wonton wrappers rather than homemade pasta, they require very little preparation. Here, ravioli are filled with tangy goat cheese that is seasoned with a generous quantity of fresh herbs and enhanced with your choice of either a fragrant broth or a light tomato sauce.
- 10 oz. creamy goat cheese
- 1 large egg or equivalent egg substitute
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh savory or thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 oz. wonton wrappers
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 recipe Vegetable and Herb Broth or Fresh Tomato Sauce with Thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, beat goat cheese with electric mixer. Add egg and beat until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, blend goat cheese and egg in food processor, then transfer to medium bowl.) Add 1/3 cup chives, parsley, savory, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Bring large, wide pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Lay about 12 wonton wrappers on clean work surface. Using pastry brush, moisten edges with water. Place a heaping teaspoonful of goat-cheese filling in center of each wrapper. Top each with another wonton wrapper, pressing down gently on filling to flatten slightly. Press wontons togetheraround mounds of filling. Using a 2-inch serrated round cutter, cut out circles, discarding trimmings. Set ravioli on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wontons and filling. (Ravioli can be prepared ahead; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
- In large skillet, bring Vegetable and Herb Broth or Fresh Tomato Sauce with Thyme to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Stir in butter and keep sauce warm. Drop half of ravioli into boiling water. Cook until ravioli are tender and float to the surface, about 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to topping in skillet. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Divide ravioli and topping among warm deep pasta plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. chives and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6 SERVINGS
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Cholesterol Content: 100 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 910 mg