A simple, raw go-to chocolate dessert to share with friends (or indulge in on your own!)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, cold-pressed coconut Oil
- 5 T cocoa powder
- 2 T sweetener, like maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- A sprinkle of cayenne for heat
1. Add all ingredients into blender. Scrape and blend until thoroughly mixed.
2. Roll the mix into small balls you could eat in 4 bites. Place in a nonstick dish or wax paper in the fridge.
3. After about 10 minutes, the macaroons should be set.
4. Serve, on a pretty white plate, sprinkled with cocoa, cayenne and cinnamon
Excerpted from Sadie Nardini's book The 21-Day Yoga Body:A Metabolic Makeover and Life-Styling Manual to Get You Fit, Fierce and Fabulous in Just Three Weeks! (Random House).
- Serving Size: Makes 10 macaroons or more, depending on how you roll.