Sour tart pomegranate and nutritious kale are an antioxidant-charged power couple! If you can’t find pomegranate arils (the seeds of the pomegranate), use 2 tablespoons of unsweetened pom juice instead.
- 1/2 cup torn kale leaves (stems discarded), any variety
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened kefir, yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon chia or ground flax seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder, vanilla or plain
- 4 ice cubes
Place all the ingredients in a blender along with 1/2 cup cold water. Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
(Serving 2 ½ cups) 315 calories, 27 g protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 19 g sugars, 7 g fat (2 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 13 g fiber, 170 mg sodium
Courtesy of National Kale Day co-founder and Yoga Journal contributor Jennifer Iserloh, aka the "Skinny Chef."