30 minutes or fewer
This recipe showcases the power and versatility of the mini-chopper attachment that comes with todays immersion blenders. Its so strong that it turns unpeeled ginger into a soft pulpmaking the ginger-infused peanut dressing for this salad a snap.
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into eight pieces (peeling unnecessary)
- 1/3 cup unsalted, nonhydrogenated peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
- 2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Oriental-style baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- To make Peanut Dressing: Place garlic and ginger in mini-chopper beaker, and pulse until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, tamari, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/4 cup water, and blend until smooth. Thin with 1 Tbs. of water or more, if necessary, so that dressing is pourable.
- To make Red Cabbage Slaw: Combine all ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 452 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g