For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Serve this simple soup over grilled or toasted whole grain bread and drizzle individual servings with more extra virgin olive oil, if you like.
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and the chard ribs and stems. Sprinkle lightly with salt, reduce the heat slightly, and saut´ until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 more minutes until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
3. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in the beans and the chard leaves. Cover and simmer until the chard leaves are wilted and tender to the bite, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
4. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe printed with permission from Healthy in a Hurry: Simple, Wholesome Recipes for Every Meal of the Day, by Karen Ansel and Charity Ferreira.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g