If you are using fresh strawberries, rinse, hull and quarter them for this RØd GrØd med FlØde.
- 20 oz. fresh or frozen, thawed raspberries or strawberries, or a combination
- 2 to 3 Tbs. sugar, or to taste
- 2 scant Tbs. arrowroot
- 3 Tbs. cold water
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Fresh berries for decorating, optional
- Put berries in blender or food processor, and purée completely. Press purée through a strainer set over a 1-quart, nonreactive saucepan. Stir in sugar, and bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Blend together arrowroot and water. Add arrowroot mixture to berries, stirring constantly. As soon as mixture starts to simmer, remove it from heat.
- Pour into 6 small dessert bowls, martini glasses or coupe cups. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- To serve, pour a little cream onto top of each pudding, and decorate with fresh berries, if using.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g