Feel free to double or even triple the recipe–it keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
- 2-tablespoon servingServings
- 1 1/2 lbs. red bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bell pepper halves, skin side up, on broiler rack and cook until skin is blackened. Transfer to paper bag, seal and let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel bell peppers, coarsely chop and transfer to blender or food processor. Add oil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 26
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg