Combining the hot greens and potatoes with avocados and fetawhich softens and melts slightlygives this simple recipe a striking mix of textures.
- 11 oz. kale (1 bunch), rinsed and finely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 3/4 lb. red potatoes (4 medium), scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- Place kale in large, heavy pan. Arrange potato chunks on top of kale, and add 1 cup water. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook until kale is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Check about halfway through; add a little water if necessary to keep vegetables from burning.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to serving bowl. Crumble feta over potatoes and kale. Top with avocado, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and season with pepper. Serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 400
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g