- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 C cauliflower florets
- 1/2 small jicama, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 C mung beans, picked through and rinsed
- 1 1/2 C short brown rice
- 2 1/2 C water
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 T white vinegar
- 1 T fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Place the zucchini, cumin, chili powder, and paprika, half the salt, and half the oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat the zucchini. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the zucchini in an even layer on the sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
2. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, cauliflower, jicama, bell pepper, and celery. Cook 4-5 minutes until the veggies being to soften. Add the beans, rice, water, tomato paste, and remaining salt. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, and cook 40-45 minutes, or until the rice and beans are almost tender. Add the vinegar, oregano, and black pepper. Stir in the zucchini and serve immediately.
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings