Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This delicate and refreshing salad is guaranteed to perk you up on a hot summer’s day. The generous amount of fresh-tasting, tangy dressing is enough to moisten the salad and pass the remainder as a dipping sauce. You could also serve rice paper wrappers alongside and use the noodle salad and lettuce as a filling for spring rolls. Dip rice paper wrappers in warm water 10 to 20 seconds to soften before filling.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Make dressing: In blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients; process until well blended. Set aside. (Dressing can be made up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated.)
- Put noodles into large bowl. Pour boiling water over noodles and stir to immerse and separate strands. Let soak 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again, shaking colander. Return noodles to bowl, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, scallions, 1⁄4 cup cilantro and 1⁄4 cup mint to noodles in bowl. Add half of the reserved dressing and toss to coat. Line platter or shallow serving bowl with lettuce leaves; top with noodle salad. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and mint and garnish with lime. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
- Serving Size 6 to 8 Servings
- Calories 248
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 779 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g