Courtesy of Clean Eating Magazine. For more superfood recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 9 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint, plus additional for garnish
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz each; or use the equivalent weight of boneless, skinless thighs)
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 head broccoli (or 4 cups store-bought riced broccoli)
- 1 tbsp coconut, avocado, or olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup ribboned, julienned, or shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ avocado (optional)
- ½ sliced kohlrabi (optional)
- 1 sliced radish (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped, roasted, salted cashews
1. Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, 6 tbsp olive oil, tamari, cilantro, mint, shallot, red pepper, maple syrup, and black pepper.
2. Pound chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to an even thickness. Place chicken in a glass container and pour ½ cup marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
3. Prepare dressing: Add remaining 3 tbsp olive oil and ¼ tsp salt to remaining marinade. Set aside.
4. Cut off broccoli stems and trim tough outer peel. Chop into 2-inch pieces and place in a food processor. Cut the tops into large florets and add to bowl of processor. Pulse a few times until broccoli resembles rice. (If your food processor is small, do this in batches.)
5. Heat an indoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade and discard excess. Grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes each side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm.
6. In a large skillet on medium, heat coconut oil. Add garlic and sauté for 20 seconds, or until fragrant. Add riced broccoli and remaining ¼ tsp salt, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until desired tenderness is achieved.
7. Divide riced broccoli among bowls. Dice chicken and add to bowls. Add carrots, cabbage, avocado, kohlrabi, and radish. Drizzle with reserved dressing and garnish with cashews and additional cilantro and mint.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 508
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 36 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 680 mg