Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Start heating the pasta water when you add the tomatoes to this stew, and the rigatoni noodles will be perfectly al dente just when the vegetables are ready to serve.
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add squash, green beans, bell peppers and onion. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic and capers. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and salt to taste. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Stir pasta and basil into sauce. Thin sauce with a little pasta water if necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 443
- Carbohydrate Content 80 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 15 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 969 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g