The earthy, robust flavor of shiitakes complements the fresh taste of edamame.
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 medium cremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup crushed plum tomatoes
- 8 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mushroom or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 10 oz. rigatoni
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. (If too dry, add 1⁄4 cup broth.) Add edamame and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and continue simmering 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in remaining teaspoon oil. Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 445
- Carbohydrate Content: 69 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 158 mg