Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The earthy, robust flavor of shiitakes complements the fresh taste of edamame.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. (If too dry, add 1⁄4 cup broth.) Add edamame and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and continue simmering 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in remaining teaspoon oil. Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve hot.
- Serving Size serves 4
- Calories 445
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g