For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute margarine for the butter and serve over soy ice cream.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine brown sugar, sugar, and allspice on large plate. Place butter in shallow bowl.
3. Halve large bananas lengthwise, then cut halves in half, or halve baby bananas lengthwise. Coat banana pieces in melted butter, then in sugar mixture, then set cut-side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast 10 minutes, or until sugar melts and turns to bubbly caramel sauce. Cool 5 minutes. Transfer bananas to plate, and scrape sauce into measuring cup with rubber spatula.
4. Scoop ice cream into bowls. Top each serving with 2 banana pieces, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 44 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 102 mg
- Sugar Content 34 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g