This colorful salad is perfect for a party because its not every day that you bother to roast beetsyet they are so worth it!
- To make Salad: Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Pierce beets with fork. Place on baking sheet, and roast 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender when pierced. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, spread nuts in small baking dish, and bake at 400F until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Trim and dry arugula, and tear into large bite-sized pieces.
- To make Dressing: Combine all ingredients except oil. Gradually whisk in oil. Spoon half of dressing into large bowl, and set aside.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cut each into 8 to 12 wedges. Add to dressing in bowl, and toss well. (If desired, marinate beets, covered, in refrigerator up to 2 days.)
- To serve, toss arugula, beets and reserved dressing in large salad bowl. Sprinkle with toasted nuts, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 330 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g