- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 3-lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed, about 8 cups
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large leeks, well rinsed and sliced, about 13/4 cups
- 1 2/3 cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 3 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- 6 cups chicken-flavored vegetarian stock
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup mild white miso
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray baking sheet with oil.
- Spray cut surfaces of garlic with oil. Place halves back together, and wrap each tightly in foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Cool garlic in foil.
- Place squash in single layer on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In 6-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, carrots, potatoes and sage. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spray with cooking spray, if needed.
- Bring stock to a boil, then pour into vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medi-um, and cook mixture 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In food processor and in two batches, blend soup vegetables with squash, peeled garlic and yeast. Process to thick purée, return to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Combine miso and vermouth in small bowl, blending together with small wire whisk or fork. Add mixture to bisque, and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serving Size: SERVES 12
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 199 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g