Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray baking sheet with oil.
- Spray cut surfaces of garlic with oil. Place halves back together, and wrap each tightly in foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Cool garlic in foil.
- Place squash in single layer on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In 6-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks, carrots, potatoes and sage. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Spray with cooking spray, if needed.
- Bring stock to a boil, then pour into vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medi-um, and cook mixture 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- In food processor and in two batches, blend soup vegetables with squash, peeled garlic and yeast. Process to thick purée, return to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Combine miso and vermouth in small bowl, blending together with small wire whisk or fork. Add mixture to bisque, and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serving Size SERVES 12
- Calories 209
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 199 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g