Whole sage leaves and thyme sprigs are tossed with carrots and parsnips to add aromatic flavor as they roast.
- 3-4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2 1/2 cups)
- 3-4 parsnips, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 6 thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss together all ingredients in large baking dish, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Roast 15 minutes, then shake dish to loosen vegetables. Roast 15 minutes more, then shake again, and roast 10 minutes more, or until tender.
Recipe from the November/December 2010 issue of Vegetarian Times.
- Serving Size: Serves: 8
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 31 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g