Roasting is a simple technique that brings out the sweet, rich flavors of vegetables. In this recipe, the combination of fennel, potatoes, red bell peppers and onions is heavenly.
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed (2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips (1 cup)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Trim tough outer leaves from fennel; remove and discard stalks. Cut fennel bulb into quarters lengthwise; discard core. Then cut bulb into 1-inch pieces (you should have 4 cups).
2. In large bowl, combine fennel, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, oil, basil and marjoram. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes, stirring once. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 125
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 64 mg