Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Chef Elliott Prag, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Roast hazelnuts on sheet tray for 8 minutes. When hazelnuts are cool, remove skins from nuts by rubbing them between your palms. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
2. Toss parsnips, Brussels sprouts, oil, and salt in bowl. Transfer to parchment-lined sheet tray and roast vegetables for approximately 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and well-caramelized. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. While vegetables roast, combine olive oil, rice vinegar, cashews, horseradish, mustard and salt in blender or Vitamix. Puree dressing until smooth.
4. Serve roasted parsnips and Brussels sprouts garnished with dressing, nuts, and thyme leaves.
See Also: Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Photography by Alexandra Shytsman, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g