Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This easy, elegant fall salad can be served as a light supper.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pear halves cut-side up in 2 large baking dishes.
2. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam in center of each pear half. Top with goat cheese rounds, and lightly drizzle with oil. Bake pears 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
3. Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons fig jam, lemon juice, and mustard in bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Divide watercress among 8 serving plates. Sprinkle with onion and walnuts. Top each with pear half, and drizzle with dressing.
From the October 2010 issue of Vegetarian Times.
- Serving Size Serves: 8
- Calories 173
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 82 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g