Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Warm weather calls for pasta salads: cold, filling and packed with nutritious morsels of choice. Our Roasted Vegetables & Goat Cheese Pasta Salad is perfect for the heat. A bed of satisfying macaroni is tossed with a vibrant veggie medley. We went with a summery fresh selection of bell peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant and tomatoes, all oven-roasted. Drizzle the whole thing in our homemade herby vinaigrette, top with creamy goat cheese, and call it a day. It’s so quick and easy to throw together this healthy, filling meal, you’ll find yourself coming back to it again and again!
Fun fact: The goat cheese in our pasta salad isn’t just rich delicious. It’s also actually easier to digest than cows’ milk cheeses. This is because goat milk has 20% smaller fat globules and lower lactose levels in comparison to cow’s milk.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission. This, in turn, supports our work.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to remove sticky starches; drain well and set aside.
- Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and add peppers and onion in a single layer. Roast in oven until just browned but not soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer peppers and onion to a large bowl. Repeat with zucchini and eggplant in a single layer, then tomatoes; once roasted, add to bowl with peppers and onion.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a blender or food processor, blend all vinaigrette ingredients into a smooth liquid.
- Add pasta and vinaigrette to bowl with vegetables and toss well to coat evenly. Top with cheese and serve.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 191
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 163 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g