This dish feels decadent, but it’s actually light and easily digested. Top with lemon zest for an added burst of flavor, hunger-quashing pine nuts for greater satiation, and red pepper flakes to rev up metabolism.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Brush garlic tops with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Wrap garlic in parchment paper, then aluminum foil (to help garlic steam, not burn), and roast until tender, 40–60 minutes. Let garlic cool, then squeeze pulp out of skins.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, bell peppers, zucchinis, red onion, 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper. Spread vegetable mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; roast until lightly browned, 30–40 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss broccolini with 1 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Transfer to a second baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and roast until slightly softened, 15 minutes.
- In a blender on high speed, blast garlic, shallot, remaining ½ cup oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard, coconut nectar, remaining ½ tsp salt, remaining ¼ tsp black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired), until dressing is emulsified and creamy, 30 seconds. Add tarragon and pulse a few times, until tarragon is evenly dispersed in the dressing.
- In a bowl, toss roasted veggies, romaine lettuce, parsley, chives, pine nuts (if desired), and ½ cup tarragon dressing. Serve topped with lemon zest and remaining dressing on side.
Recipes reprinted from THE PERFECT BLEND: 100 Blender Recipes to Energize and Revitalize Copyright © 2016 by Tess Masters Photographs copyright © 2016 by Anson Smart Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.
- Serving Size 8
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g