Remember, there’s no such thing as an imperfect bread stick. If one is too long for the pan, simply bend it over to fit.
- bread stickServings
- 1 lb. fresh pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil three 17 x 11 1/2-inch baking pans. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 16 x 12-inch rectangle, dusting lightly with flour as needed to prevent sticking. Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- With sharp knife, cut dough into 16 1-inch-wide strips. Working with one strip at a time, cut strip in half crosswise. Quickly twist and pull each half-strip to form twisted rope about 10 inches long. Lay bread sticks side by side on prepared baking pans. Repeat with remaining strips.
- In a cup, mix rosemary, salt and pepper. Brush bread sticks with oil, then sprinkle evenly with rosemary mixture. Bake until golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: Makes 32
- Calories: 42
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 99 mg