Apple & Pear Tart with Tahini Frangipane
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut a piece of parchment to 13 x 18 inches.
- Prepare dough: In a food processor, pulse spelt flour, cane sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add butter; pulse until shredded. With motor running, drizzle in cold water and process until dough comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface. Gently knead to a soft dough, adding a splash more cold water if needed. Shape into a rectangle.
- Lightly flour parchment and roll dough on the paper to a 13 x 18-inch rectangle, turning and shifting dough to prevent sticking. Carefully lift parchment with dough onto a 12 x 17-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Prepare frangipane: In a bowl, combine cane sugar, tahini and butter with a spatula until smooth. Add egg and stir for about 1 minute. Stir in almond flour and salt. Scrape mixture onto dough and spread evenly with an offset spatula, leaving a 1 1⁄4-inch border.
- Core apples and pears and cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices, leaving bundles together. Working with one bundle, fan out on a chef’s knife or offset spatula and arrange over tahini-frangipane mixture. Repeat with remaining fruit, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border.
- Brush lemon juice over fruit then fold in edges of dough, gently pressing to adhere. Brush edges of dough with hot water. Sprinkle fruit and crust with turbinado sugar. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until fruit is starting to caramelize and crust is golden.
- Serving Size 1⁄12 of recipe
- Calories 311
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 157 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g