This tasty dish offers a delightful balance of flavor and texture.
- 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbs. onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large leek, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced length-wise into 3-inch-wide strips
- 2 medium-sized fennel bulbs, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 cups vegetable or “chicken”-flavored vegetarian stock
- 2 Tbs. flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3 Tbs. cold water
- 1 Tbs. tamari soy sauce
- Cook edamame according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine rice and water in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add onion soup mix, stir and cover. Cook 45 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, 1 minute. Add garlic, leek and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes. Add fennel, and cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/2 cup stock, stir and add edamame, parsley, marjoram and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook 3 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Reduce heat to low, add remaining stock and cook mixture 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add to pan, and stir to mix thoroughly. Add tamari, and cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Serve with wild rice.
- Serving Size: SERVES 8
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 288 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g