Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This tasty dish offers a delightful balance of flavor and texture.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine rice and water in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add onion soup mix, stir and cover. Cook 45 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, 1 minute. Add garlic, leek and bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes. Add fennel, and cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/2 cup stock, stir and add edamame, parsley, marjoram and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook 3 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Reduce heat to low, add remaining stock and cook mixture 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add to pan, and stir to mix thoroughly. Add tamari, and cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Serve with wild rice.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 223
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 288 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g