- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. uncooked pasta shells
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion, celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring often until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in red pepper flakes to taste.
- Drain and rinse pasta under cold running water; drain again. Add to vegetable mixture and stir until well coated and thoroughly heated.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 365
- Carbohydrate Content: 74 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 385 mg