Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- About 10 servingsServings
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch wide matchsticks
- 4 bunches Lacinata kale, washed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium to large stock pot bring about 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt.
2. Blanch carrots in water for about 30 to 40 seconds; shock in ice water and drain. Set aside.
3. In the same pot, (bring water back to a rolling boil) blanch kale for 3 to 4 minutes until tender but not mushy. Shock in ice water, drain and set aside.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat oil, add garlic slices and sauté until garlic slices are just golden - do not burn. Add kale and carrots. Cook until heated through.
See Also: Warm Pinto Bean Salad with Shiitakes