Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
1. In a medium to large stock pot bring about 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt.
2. Blanch carrots in water for about 30 to 40 seconds; shock in ice water and drain. Set aside.
3. In the same pot, (bring water back to a rolling boil) blanch kale for 3 to 4 minutes until tender but not mushy. Shock in ice water, drain and set aside.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat oil, add garlic slices and sauté until garlic slices are just golden – do not burn. Add kale and carrots. Cook until heated through.
See Also: Warm Pinto Bean Salad with Shiitakes
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g