For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
At The Plant Cafe Organic in San Francisco, Sascha Weiss uses a mixture of seasonal vegetables to make this dish.
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add the onion and ginger, and sauté until they begin to brown. Cool.
2. Add onion and ginger mixture to a blender along with miso, agave, broth, sesame oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Purée until smooth and set aside.
1. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat; add the oil and then the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or so until the garlic is fragrant. Add the vegetables and stir frequently until tender.
2. Add 3/4-cup of the miso-ginger sauce, adding more to taste, if needed. Add optional ingredients at this time, if desired, and continue to cook until the sauce has coated the vegetables.
3. Divide the cooked quinoa into 4-6 bowls, top with the vegetable sauté, tofu, and chopped herbs.
Recipe printed with permission from chef Sascha Weiss of The Plant Cafe Organic in San Francisco, California.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g