This is a truly easy cheese sauce. It's best served immediately—over baked potatoes, broccoli or polenta.
- 1/4-CUP SERVINGServings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Place flour in heavy medium saucepan, and gradually whisk in milk, then mustard, until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 8 minutes, or until thickened.
2. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, stirring until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: Makes about 2 cups
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 140 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g