Buckwheat groats coated with garlic-infused olive oil, salt, and nutritional yeast make for a Parmesan-like topping.
- 2-Tbs. servingServings
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast, divided
- 2 tsp. salt
1. Place buckwheat groats in medium bowl, and cover with 3 inches cold water. Soak 12 hours. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat oil and garlic in saucepan over low heat until hot. Toss buckwheat groats with garlic oil in bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and salt.
3. Spread buckwheat groats in even layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. yeast. Bake 30 minutes, or until completely dry and crunchy. Cool, and store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
- Calories: 83
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 584 mg