Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Everything from your temper to your bodily tissues can get inflamed when thrown off-balance by a bad influence. Inflammation can wreak havoc on your body in numerous ways, from speeding up the aging process to creating bloat, to compromising your immune system. Choosing the wrong foods can activate this response in the body, but fortunately choosing the right ones can reverse it. Here’s one nutrition-packed fire-fighting meal that you need to add to your repertoire.
1. Cook the grain according to the package directions.
2. Prepare a sauté pan by heating the olive oil over medium-high, until a piece of garlic thrown in sizzles. Add the rest of the garlic and onions and sauté until slightly brown. Add mushrooms, snap peas, pepper, and protein. Stir in any seasoning.
3. Continue to sauté until protein browns and veggies are just barely soft. Add greens on top, cover the pan, and remove from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until greens wilt.
4. Scoop some of the grain into a bowl and add seasoning. Top with skillet mix and serve.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe excerpted from The 21-Day Yoga Body by Sadie Nardini.
Find all 20 of Sadie Nardini’s tips for a Fit and Fabulous new year at yogajournal.com/fitandfabulous.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g