Steaming couscous with a can of chopped tomatoes adds flavor and color without any extra work.
- 1 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- Combine artichokes and liquid, tofu, cumin, and 3/4 tsp. pepper in nonstick skillet. Cook over high heat 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Transfer to bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender and leeks are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, bring tomatoes and liquid and 2/3 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- Add garlic and reserved tofu mixture to vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and garlic is fragrant. Serve tofu and vegetables over tomato couscous.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 372
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g